HOOP UK supports children, young people, adults and their families. It also provides support and information to health and care professionals and the wider public.
HOOP UK will also provide a useful link for professionals who are seeking to increase their knowledge base, confidence and overall awareness on the subject of overweight and obesity.
HOOP UK’s aim is to set up two community forums. One will be a support forum for like minded people to share ideas, resources, information and, when needed, solace for when things get tough. This is already being run successfully on Facebook.
There will also be a forum for professionals to share knowledge and best practice on the subject of obesity and weight management.
Find out what HOOP means to it’s members.
- Elaine: – Hoop is a safe place where your free to be yourself. There is no judgement and no hidden agenda. The support is amazing and everyone is aiming for the same goal but at their own pace.
- Mary: – I am grateful to have hoop, it’s great to be able to talk with people who understand your problems and support you with no hidden agendas.
- Helen:- Hoop is a community of people who advise, support and most importantly encourage you daily. Always just a tap away and ready to listen! Love it x
- Jo: – Hoop is an amazing support group for all those on a weight loss journey. Uplifting daily posts and group members sharing heartfelt and success stories you find all the inspiration you need to continue in your journey and get to encourage others along the way!! So glad I found them!!
- Bridget: – Hoop is a brilliant support group, where you can find & give support, friendship & understanding without being judged. It’s a safe place to talk about sensitive thoughts, feelings & struggles, that we can all relate to concerning living a healthy happier life & avoiding everyday barriers that we all face while trying to achieve our goals. Thanks so much to hoop. I am so grateful.
- Hannah: – I have always been overweight and always isolated. I have never been in a group which gives as much support and advice as HOOP and I am never judged. I have made friends as well. Thanks to HOOP I finally have the strength to tackle my weight. Xx
- Natalie: – The most supportive and caring group you will ever find, full of knowledge and help but also general love and support for your daily life and when you need it most. The members are like family and then admins do a brilliant job
- Mellie: – Hoop (extra) is the only place in the world where I can be me, be honest and open. Thank god for Hoop. Xx
- Mary: – Hoop (Extra) is a place where those of us that have started our journeys but are stuck or we self-sabotage ourselves, we can talk to each other’s as we all understand, we tell each other’s things we can’t talk about our own FB page so we never have to feel alone
- Tracey Coates: – I’ve felt alone for so long and I used to cry every day as I didn’t know anyone when I moved up here still don’t but now I can see that ALL the people on HOOP UK are amazing. I never realised how many other people would be feeling the same as me, many for other reasons but the one thing we all know about is being overweight, this group in the short time I’ve been with you has helped me so much, people are so nice, and helpful and do not judge, please show my name as I am proud to be a member x
- Katie: – I feel like HOOP is a place I can go to gain motivation and inspiration and share successes, but also to share the bad times and the failures without feeling judged. Even though I haven’t had much success yet, HOOP keeps me motivated that with positive change each day, it will grow, and one day I too can be a success story!
- Mell: – The HOOP groups I am part of have been really supportive, full of lovely people who get where I am coming from, give reassuring & sensible information, a totally non-judgemental approach, and a kick up the bum when needed! It’s made my weight loss journey so much easier to have others to share it with
- Siobhan: – This HOOP Facebook group has certainly helped me as most other groups are very US-centric.
- Joanne:- The only place where you will get support and understanding no matter what life is throwing at you x
- Catherine: – Great support network, great to have hoop meet ups
- Cherie: – Quite simply, HOOP is my safe haven xx
- Rehanna: – The world of support, advice and kindness
- Louise: – I Love hearing about everyone it makes me feel like it’s not ‘just me’ struggling x it’s very lonely having an eating disorder!
- Jo: – Unwavering support in good times and bad x
- Christopher: – A support network that doesn’t judge you only support you